Student FAQ

  • How do I request a transcript?

    Please complete the Student Transcript Request form. There is a $15 nonrefundable transcript fee assessed for the search of the document and offers no guarantee that any documents can be located. More information can be found here

  • How do I know if GNPEC has my transcript?

    GNPEC holds the records from closed private, postsecondary institutions. GNPEC does NOT hold records for the state university or technical college system, high schools, or cosmetology schools. More information can be found here.

  • How long will it take to get my transcript?

    The timeline for receiving transcripts can take up to 21 business days upon receipt of payment. If payment is not received within 30 days of the initial submission, the request will be canceled. More information can be found here

  • How do I know if the school I’m interested in attending is approved in Georgia?

    There is a Directory of Institutions that shows the institutions that are currently authorized or exempted from authorization in Georgia. If the private postsecondary school is not listed, please reach out to the agency through the “Contact Us” link to get more information. Be mindful of enrolling in any private postsecondary program that does not have the proper state approvals to operate. 

  • Are FAFSA, scholarships, or other financial aid available through GNPEC?

    No. GNPEC is the state’s compliance agency that regulates private, postsecondary institutions only. Questions about FAFSA, scholarships, or other financial aid can be addressed by the United States Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid office or the Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC).  

  • How do I file a complaint against an institution?

    Here is the information about how to file Complaints Against an Institution. Please note you must first follow your institution’s complaint procedure as explained in their Catalog. Once you have done that and no solution has been reached, you can file a complaint with GNPEC using this form.