GNPEC Staff Continuing Daily Operations Remotely
GNPEC encourages you to abide by local, state, and federal guidelines regarding in-person operations. If instruction is modified from what was previously approved, notify your RS immediately. Please continue timely submissions of all applications.
Minimum Standards and Criteria Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission Institutions
- Minimum Standards and Criteria for NPEC Institutions are derived from the Georgia Code 20-3-250.6 and are approved by the Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission (NPEC).
- Pursuant to the Georgia Code 20-3-250.5 (d), NPEC has established separate divisions for degree-granting institutions and nondegree-granting (certificate granting) institutions. The differences in the Standards between degree-granting institutions and nondegree-granting (certificate-granting) institutions are addressed in the text of the Minimum Standards and Criteria.
- The actual benchmark used by evaluators in assessing institutions and their programs is a composite of knowledge of other institutions of higher education, both public and private, that offer similar programs. In addition, evaluators are aware of the standards applied by various professional organizations and accrediting commissions. The Minimum Standards provide the framework for the professional judgment made by NPEC professional staff members and evaluation committee members. The criteria subsumed under each Standard are used by professional staff members and evaluation committees as indicators of compliance.
- For institutions that do not have campuses in Georgia, NPEC Authorization to offer online, distance, or correspondence programs is required whether such institutions wish to establish physical campuses in Georgia or not.
- Responses to individual statements within the Minimum Standards by applicants are taken to be attestations that documents, situations, and criteria have been met or exist. If asked, the applicant must provide such documentation as is required to substantiate these attestations.