How Do I File a Bond for an Exempt Institution?
Application Process for Exempt Institutions Required to File a Bond
Note: Contact Ms. Magda Rivers at [email protected] should you have any questions regarding the application process or in order to set up a EDvera login account.
Review Exemption Categories
Please review [O.C.G.A. § 20-3-250.3] #13 OR #14 to review these specific exemption categories.
Log into EDvera
Please follow the directions below to log into Edvera. Once you have logged in, you may update your contact information and begin submitting the information and/or documents needed to renew your institution’s exemption from other GNPEC requirements.
Update Account Information
You will now see your “Dashboard” with your institution's information listed.
- Your name should appear in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on your name to access your Profile and Notifications (this is your mailbox).
- If needed, please update your contact information.
- Save the information by clicking the save button at the bottom of the screen.
Select the “Documents” tab at the top of the page.
- Select the “+Start Document” tab.
- Select “Bond Only Exemption”.
- Select “Continue” if the correct application is listed at the top of the screen.
- Enter your institution’s information into each appropriate field. You can save this document and return if necessary. The document will be under the In Progress tab under Documents.
- Upload the most recent audited financial statement and current accreditation documentation.
Submit Application for Approval
- Once you have completed the forms, click the “submit” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you have provided all required information, your institution’s status will be “Pending RS Approval”. After it has been reviewed and approved, you will receive a confirmation email. You may print this information for your records.
Submit Additional Requirements
Original proof of the bond must be submitted to the GNPEC office at the listed address below.
Please note that a $100 late fee will apply to renewal applications not received 30 days prior to the June 30 expiration date.