Before beginning the application process, please review the information at “Other Exempt Information” on the Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission website.
If you are ready to begin the process outlined, please submit an Exemption Inquiry Form. Your submission will be reviewed by the Exempt School Coordinator and a response will be sent.
The following steps apply once qualification for exemption is confirmed by the Exempt School Coordinator.
Log in to Edvera
- Visit the following website: https://ga.edvera.com or the Edvera tab of gnpec.georgia.gov.
- Enter the log in information provided by GNPEC and click “Log in”.
- You will now see your “Dashboard” with your school’s information listed.
- Your name should appear in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on your name to access your Profile and Notifications (this is your mailbox).
- If needed, please update your contact information.
- Save the information by clicking the “save” button at the bottom of the screen.
Complete New or Renewal Application
- Select the “Documents” tab at the top of the page.
- Select the “+Start Document” tab.
- Select the “Other Exemption” application
- Select the appropriate exemption from the dropdown list.
- Select “Continue” if the correct application is listed at the top of the screen.
- Enter your institution’s information into each appropriate field. You can save this document and return if necessary. The document will be under the In Progress tab under Documents.
Submit Application for Approval
- Once you have completed the forms and uploaded required supporting documentation, click the “submit” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you have provided all required information, your institution’s status will be “Pending RS Approval”.
- Submit the $100 Other Exemption Application Fee via the Schedule of Fees page or by mailing a check to the GNPEC office. Please note that a late fee will apply to renewal applications and fees (if applicable) not received 30 days prior to the exempt institution's expiration date.
- The application will be reviewed. If needed, you may be asked for additional information.
- If approved, a notice of exemption will be available in EDvera to be printed as needed.