Please review the material that is applicable to the type of exemption or information your institution requires.
- Federal Online Compliance
- Requesting the Use of "College" or "University"
- Exempt Institutions Required to File a Bond
- Exempt Institutions Required to File an Audit
- Exempt Institutions - Other Categories
- Religious Exemption
- Exemption Expiration Terms and Fees
EFFECTIVE July 1, 2018 § 20-3-250.3. Educational institutions exempted from application of part was updated to include a regular renewal schedule and some fees for exemptions. Changes to be implemented March 1, 2019 with notice to all entities on record as of January 15, 2019.
EFFECTIVE October 4, 2018 all application processing for cosmetology and/or barber schools is handled exclusively by the Georgia Board of Cosmetology and Barbers. Institutions that wish to seek Federal Financial Aid will complete the Student Education Compliance Form which is now part of the application process of the Board.
- Questions regarding this process should be addressed to the Board at (478) 407-2440 or at www.sos.ga.gov/plb/cosmetology.
Please be aware that if there has been no activity on the status of any document in EDvera after six (6) months, meaning the application's status changing from “Unsubmitted” to “Pending RS Approval” or from “Reverted to Institution” to “Pending RS Approval” and no modification to its content as requested by the Regulatory Specialist, it will be removed from GNPEC records. Extensions may be available if approved and documented by the Regulatory Specialist. After removal, should the institution desire to reapply for that application, it will be necessary to provide a new submission; any fees paid previously will be available as a credit.