GNPEC Staff Continuing Daily Operations Remotely
GNPEC encourages you to abide by local, state, and federal guidelines regarding in-person operations. If instruction is modified from what was previously approved, notify your RS immediately. Please continue timely submissions of all applications.
Standard Four: Physical Facilities
The institution provides adequate and appropriate space, equipment and instructional materials to ensure a quality educational experience for students.
The following criteria are used by professional staff members and evaluation committees as indicators of compliance for the standard.
- Physical facilities are appropriate and adequate for the programs offered.
- All areas of the institution are properly lighted and adequately equipped, heated and ventilated and are in compliance with all local ordinances and with state and federal laws and regulations such as zoning, fire, building and sanitation codes.
- Instructional areas, including adequate space and utilities in classrooms, laboratories and shop areas, are provided for safe and orderly instruction.
- Non-instructional areas, including support services for administrative functions, storage and maintenance areas, restrooms, offices and lounges, are provided.
- The equipment, buildings, and grounds are well maintained.
- Provisions are made for emergency medical treatment and include readily available first-aid supplies with written procedures and orientation for staff and students.
- The institution provides for campus security, fire protection and traffic control and those responsible for such tasks are clearly defined.
- The institution that provides housing ensures that:
- it is appropriate, safe and in compliance with all local ordinances and with state and federal laws and regulations such as zoning, fire, building and sanitation codes;
- it is accurately described in its promotional literature;
- a housing administrator is named to oversee all operations;
- a fire marshal’s report is posted on the premises which indicates no violations of safety codes;
- reasonable security is provided for the safety of the students at all times;
- custodial services are provided to assure cleanliness of the premises;
- rules and regulations are posted in a conspicuous place;
- mail services are available for students;
- appropriate bathrooms are available for students.