GNPEC Staff Continuing Daily Operations Remotely
GNPEC encourages you to abide by local, state, and federal guidelines regarding in-person operations. If instruction is modified from what was previously approved, notify your RS immediately. Please continue timely submissions of all applications.
Standard Seven: Supporting Services
The institution provides services to students who are enrolled or who have been enrolled which are appropriate to its purposes and which assist the students in the educational process.
The following criteria are used by professional staff members and evaluation committees as indicators of compliance for the standard.
- The institution minimally furnishes the following written information to students before accepting payment of fees; the aggregate of which should be contained in a document which is defined as a “catalog”:
- current course listings and descriptions of individual courses;
- listing of faculty and their qualifications;
- grading policy;
- rules of operation such as days/times when open;
- policies on attendance requirements, make-up work, delay or delinquency in meeting course requirements and standards of satisfactory academic progress;
- a conduct policy which includes a statement on conditions for the dismissal and reentrance of students who violate such policy;
- a policy regarding “academic probation”, including the process by which students are removed;
- a policy regarding readmission of students dismissed or suspended for academic reasons;
- an orientation program which acquaints new students with policies, functions and personnel of the institution;
- guidelines for transfer of credit to and from the institution, credit by examination and residency requirements;
- descriptions of financial aid services and/or scholarship availability if offered;
- refund policy;
- grievance policy.
- The institution maintains student records to include the following:
- a written record of the previous education and training of each student supported by transcripts and other transfer credit documentation;
- the enforcement of a published attendance policy in which daily attendance and absences are recorded by instructors in a standard format;
- the housing of grades and attendance records in a central location by the institution as a part of each student’s permanent record;
- a published grading scale used by instructors;
- a progressive uniform system of reporting the mastery of skills for courses or programs that require mastery of skills;
- the recording of the progress and grades of each student throughout each course or program of study;
- the accurate, complete, and current documentation of each student financial record;
- the accessibility of student’s records for each student.
- The institution provides for the storage, retrieval, confidentiality and adequate protection of student academic records for forty-five years including:
- the protection of hard copies of student academic records against pilferage, fire and tampering by storage in a two-hour fireproof vault or via a second copy off-site;
- the protection of electronic copies of student academic records via an on-site and off-site location.
- The institution ensures that qualified instructors are available for:
- student inquiries about course assignments, grades, etc.;
- evaluation and correction services for examinations;
- consultation for research projects.
- The institution provides professional personnel to assist students with their educational and vocational planning.